Welcome to The Pre-Twinkle Portal!
All the resources below are organized by category.
Questions or is something missing? please send an email!
Weekly Group Class Outlines
- Playing positions
- Building the bow hold
- Bow hold games
- New bow hold games
- How to move the bow
- Open strings
- Tyrannosaurus Rex had short arms
- Bow playground and setting the square
- Jumping between stickers; connecting the dots
- Parts of the bow
- The highway
- "Pepperoni Pizza"
- Bow hold challenge games
- Bow hold contest - Collecting beans
- Preparing the left hand
- Preparing the left hand (continued)
- "Floor Exercise"
- Red, Blue, and Yellow patterns
- Practicing complete setup
- The Monkey Song
- Finger charts
- Monkey Song on A and E
- Introducing the A Major Scale
- Introducing the stop and set on the A string
- Half & Whole Steps in finger patterns
- Marshmallow thumb
- Elbow elevator between A and E strings
- Beginning Twinkle!
- Form and Background of the piece
- How to practice Twinkle
Supplemental Handouts and Posters
- All the essential materials that should be in and on your violin case
- A checklist of all the skills to master en route to Twinkle
- An student-friendly overview of the six steps to proper violin setup
- The companion parent guide for the Pre-Twinkle Preflight Checklist
- Our first finger pattern chart: Red Pattern on A and E strings.
- Fingerings and lyrics for "The Monkey Song"
- The full Red Pattern finger pattern on all four strings.
- An overview of the three primary scales on the violin: A, D, and G Major.
- An outline of the 6 Twinkle rhythms, and common challenges when differentiating them.
Practice Aids and Posters
- A summary of the traits excellent violinists share.
- A guided path to 100 repetitions on a practice spot, with emphasis on working slowly.
- A fillable form to be given as a practice reward.
- Buy a pad of these awesome forms HERE for $5.
- Write prescriptions for your child's practice ailments.
- Buy an Rx pad HERE for $5.
- A practice log for practice points in our week 9 group class
Supplemental Twinkle Materials
A Variety of Twinkle Lyrics (coming soon)
Twinkle Recordings (Progressive)
Parent Education Session Handouts