Summer Lessons at Holy Cross Academy!
Are you ready to start studying violin, viola or 'cello this summer or build upon your skills from the school year? Do you want to learn new pieces and master new techniques? Drew is teaching lessons at Holy Cross Academy!
Lessons will take place on Wednesdays between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM. Availability is very limited!
Interested in joining strings Class at Holy Cross Academy?
- Open to Holy Cross Academy students grades 2+
- Classes meet weekly and perform a winter and spring concert each year.
- Group classes are all fewer than 10 students so each student receives individual attention.
- Home practice expectations are reasonable and students are given plenty of materials to build good practice habits.
- Classes are open to students interested in playing violin, viola, or 'cello.
- Tuition rates are very reasonable and scholarships are available for current or prospective students.
The strings program at Holy Cross Academy began in Fall of 2017 and currently has three classes of enthusiastic beginners. Mr. Drew Robertson is an experienced violinist, violist, and Suzuki-trained teacher who employs a fun blend of Suzuki Method instruction, fiddling, seasonal tunes, and hilarious musical games to make every class exciting!
During the first year, students focus on how to hold their instrument, create a fantastic tone, perform as a group ensemble, and master foundational pieces from Suzuki Book 1. The strings program at Holy Cross Academy is a great way to begin playing a string instrument!