The Suzuki Method
The core of the Suzuki Philosophy is simple: Every Child Can Learn
- Like learning language, children learn best when new skills are broken down into the smallest steps.
- Through repetition, encouragement, and parent involvement, children master new skills just as they learn new words and phrases.
- This 'mother-tongue' approach to learning teaches children to learn music in the same way they learn language: by imitating the sounds around them.
- The learning environment is the most influential part of determining whether a child will succeed or fail as a student.
- The end goal of learning music is not to become a professional musician, but to enrich the life of each child through music.